Piggy Checkup
I took the girls to the vet yesterday morning, just for a checkup and to confirm that they are indeed girls (they are). Dr. Lewer said they are the healthiest piggies he's ever seen! He couldn't even give me any advice on husbandry other than to keep doing what I'm doing. He did show me how to trim their nails. Both of them behaved very well, although Winnie would not let the vet tech look at her teeth. The office called this morning to let me know there are no internal parasites, so they are 100% healthy!
The Cuddle-E-Cups arrived the other day. They make it so much easier to carry the girls from the cage to the playpen. I thinks it's less stressful for them as well.
The Felt Flippers came in yesterday. I got them all washed and prepped last night, but I probably won't have a chance to install them until Saturday.
I guess I should link to where I've been getting everything. The cage and most of the paraphernalia came from Guinea Pig Cages and Guinea Pig Market. The Cuddle-E-Cups came from Doctors Foster and Smith.
The Felt Flippers are the last thing I have ordered. I do need to stop by Petco to get more bedding (for the kitchen area) and a salad crock, assuming they have something heavy enough. I'll post pics of the completed cage after I get the Felt Flippers in. Ciao for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment