Thursday, February 11, 2016

Pup-date: The Extended Version

So, to give a little more info. When Dr. Lewer walked into the exam room, the first thing he said was, "Apparently, I need an anatomy lesson." I assured him that I did not think he had mis-sexed Morgause. Winnie was too far along for that. Nevertheless, he reexamined Morgause then had three other vets check, too! He said she was either a very undeveloped male, or definitely female. In any case, he X-rayed Winnie to see if he could tell how far along she was. Ossification begins at about 50 days, so if the pups showed up on X-ray, she is at least seven weeks along. Obviously from my last post, they did. And her pelvis is spread so she could have them at any time. It's cool to feel and see them move. Dr. Lewer said to bring the pups in and he would find homes for them.

On a non-pregnancy note, Morgause climbed into the Cuddle Cup all on her own two days in a row when it was time to go back to the cage. I had not expected that at all! I thought it was a fluke the first time. It took a little coaxing the second time, but not much.

I had an early eye appointment this morning, so Morgause and I had some cuddle time.


Actually, I'm just trying to butter her up to clip he nails soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment